Requirements of this Condition and How we are Working to Meet These Requirements
Basic Physical Health Needs of Students and Families are Recognized and Addressed:
- Students receive breakfast and lunch at school each day.
- Students receive snack at school each day. Four days a week it is a healthy fruit or vegetable and one day a week it is a snack provided through a partnership with Channel One Food Bank.
- A food shelf is available to students, staff, and families at any time.
- Hygiene products and clothing items are available to all to address physical needs.
- Gage is a Fuel Up to Play 60 School with a student leadership team working on physical fitness initiatives.
- Gage Gallopers is a running club lead by Gage Staff and supported by community partners.
- Gage students built a garden behind the school to provide an outdoor learning space and fresh produce for our families and community to access.
Basic Mental and Emotional Health Needs of Students and Families are Recognized and Addressed:
- Gage has a partnership with Fernbrook Mental Health, allowing a School Based Mental Health professional to support our students and families on site.
- Gage has also partnered with Olmsted County's P.A.C.E. program to support students and families on site.
- We have a school social worker and behavioral coach on site.
- Gage staff use PBIS (Positive Behavior Supports and Interventions) with students.