Requirements of this Condition and How we are Working to Meet These Requirements
Core Instruction Delivered by Qualified Teachers:
- Gage has licensed teachers in all positions. All teachers participate in professional learning communities and an ongoing teacher evaluation process to promote continual reflection and growth. You can access teacher websites here!
Challenging and Engaging Curriculum
- Gage teachers teach the Minnesota Academic Standards.
- All staff and students use materials from the American Reading Company's Action 100 program that promotes independent student reading at both home and school.
- Our Spanish Immersion program is in its 2nd year and currently includes both kindergarten and first grade. This option for students allows them to learn the general curriculum with the added bonus of learning Spanish.
- Gage staff have collaborated with other colleagues around the Rochester Public School district to write new curriculum that integrates content areas. Teachers have selected a STEM or Humanities focus and are offering students new learning opportunities that combine subject areas and better model tasks students will face outside of the classroom.
High Standards for All Students